Low Carbon Design
Low Carbon Design
Renewable Energy Design – Legislation and planning require the use of renewables. At MEPS we take a practical and informed approach that our clients have come to rely on.
Key to initiating our options and selection process, we implement passive buildings techniques to create buildings that minimise their environmental impact, in turn reducing their energy consumption and emissions and hence the extent of renewable technologies required.
MEPS designs for building services and renewable systems ensure the optimum balance between legislation, environmental requirements, and cost. We’ll advise you on renewable energy system sizing, selection, and integration of building services, from design concepts through to construction.
MEPS has built Up and in depth Knowledge of the following renewable technologies, including
the design and application.
- Free Cooling/ Heating thermal store/exchange
- Stand alone or roof mounted wind turbines
- Photo Voltaic (PV) solar energy systems
- Solar thermal hot water and solar collectors
- Biomass heating and fuel storage systems
- Combined heat and power (CHP or CCHP) including;
- bio-fuel systems (central energy systems)
- Ground and Air source heating and cooling
- Renewable energy evaluations for planning applications
- Energy strategies report – feasibility, scheme and detailed design
- Renewable energy calculations for Home Quality Mark
- Renewable energy systems design and specification
- Renewable energy building integration
- London Toolkit or Local Authority reviews
- Carbon emission calculations for new and existing buildings
- Technology cost reports, payback analysis and feasibility studies
- Manufacturer option reviews