SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
MEPS Consulting Ltd is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to MEPS Consulting Ltd professional activities, the management of the practice and projects carried out. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based on the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all project, office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- Identifying the key processes and building elements which will support the delivery of carbon neutral buildings e.g. using low carbon heat, incorporating renewables, accurate data disclosure and designing for disassembly to reduce embodied carbon in construction and end of life.
Key Points & Practical Steps
Our Sustainability Policy is based on the following key points and practical steps:
- Energy conservation linked with use of renewable energy sources.
- Ensure that where possible all products are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources.
- Minimise the use of transportation.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- Encourage whenever possible the use of energy saving plant, equipment and control systems.
- Strongly promote the advantages of a planned maintenance systems in extending the length of plant to increase its return on capital investment and reduce the energy consumption requirements.
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and / or environmental organisations.
- Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.
- Identifying guidance and recommendations to enable a developer to achieve the Net Zero targets and improve the performance of an existing building.
- Identifying industry tools and certification schemes which are of relevance to the delivering sustainable outcomes.